2. Ignore the nagging feeling that you are overlooking something major, like a missing chapter, or a character that disappeared in an early chapter never to return and send in those edits.
3. Reset email notification on your phone to update as often as possible. Anxiously await news about your release day/cover art/ boyth.
4. Begin compulsively stalking your publisher’s “coming soon” page to see if you’re inching up to the top of the list.
5. Notice someone way further down the release list than you already has cover art. Experience a moment of anguish and rage.
6. Get a release date. Rejoice! Begin panicking and begging for blog space and retweets.
7. Get Cover Art. Write at least ten statuses and text messages containing the word “Squee”.
8. Compulsively refresh your publisher’s site, Amazon, Bookstrand, and All Romance ebooks, waiting for your book to go live.
9. Get blog space. Watch your posts go live and tweets about you get retweeted.
10. Be very grateful for the support of your fellow authors.
11. Compulsively refresh your publisher’s site, Amazon, Bookstrand, and All Romance ebooks, waiting for evidence of the first sale.
12. Finally get the sale, load your information into Novelrank. Compulsively check that for a few days until you settle into either satisfaction or disappointment with your book’s performance.
13. Write the next one.
14. Tell yourself you're going to write the next one, but instead spend a lot of time drinking wine, eating candy, and binge watching New Girl on Netflix.
15. Actually write the next one.